Fall hours begin on Sept 1st.
Saturdays and Sundays will be open for open play.
Weekdays will only be available for private parties by reservation.
EAST DUNDEE FIELD WALK ON PLAY HOURS
East Dundee Pro Shop Hours
Skokie Pro Shop Hours
OPEN for private parties seven days a week at any time of the day or night.
Please see our Group & Party Info webpage for more details.
What is the minimum age?
The minimum age to play PAINTBALL at our park is 10 years old. The minimum age to play LASER TAG at our park is 5 years old. Past that age, we leave it up to the parent/guardian to decide if his/her child is mature enough to play. We request a Waiver and Release of Liability form to be signed by parents/guardians whose children are under 18 years old. Paintball is a very safe sport as long as our simple safety rules are followed. If in doubt, please stop by on the weekend to tour our park, and you can decide if paintball is the right sport for your child.
Is paintball suitable for children?
Parents need to know about the nature of the activity and decide for themselves whether their particular child is mature enough to participate in paintball. To assist you with this decision, please contact our friendly staff members at (847) 426-2662 for further information. Our knowledgeable staff members will gladly answer any of your questions and provide you with advice that will help when making your decision.
Is paintball a safe sport?
Paintball is one of the safest sports and statistically has the least number of injuries of all sports – which include baseball, bowling, fishing and many other sports. As with any other sport/activity, there is always the potential for injury. As long as standard safety rules are followed and the proper use of industry developed & approved safety equipment is utilized, paintball is one of the safest, participatory sports in the world.
What is open play?
Open Play or Walk-On’s are like “pick up” games of paintball.
The group is a mixture of all ages and is comprised of all players who show up to play without a reservation. We have two types of Open Play groups, a Beginners Only group (mostly younger players and Full Auto is not allowed) and an Experienced Player group that is for the more seasoned player where we allow Full Auto firing modes. Teams are split evenly by our experienced referees before the games begin.
What do I need to bring with me?
Players should wear old comfortable clothing (ex: military pants, sweat pants and shirts, overalls, denim, etc) and may also want to bring a change of clothes for the conclusion of the game day. The most suitable footwear would be a light boot but old running shoes are most commonly worn. Cleats are NOT allowed. If you don’t have your own, we sell specially made paintball gloves and other gear at the park’s pro-shop. Please keep in mind that we do not allow outside food or drinks on our property; we do sell hot/cold foods and beverages at the park’s concession area.
Will I need to fill out a registration form?
Yes. All players are required to register and fill out a Waiver and Release of Liability form before they begin to play. Players under the age of 18 years old are required to have their parent/guardian fill out their waiver form. If parent will not be present at the time of registration, it is mandatory that the parent list his/her drivers license number on the waiver form.
Will I need an ID card?
Yes. All players 18 years or older must have a valid government-issued identification card at the time of registration. In order to rent any equipment, you will have to let us hold onto your ID card until all the rental equipment is returned. Please keep in mind that minors (under 18 years old) will need a parent/guardian present with a current and valid government-issued ID card for us to hold until all rental equipment is returned.
Is rental equipment available at the park?
Yes. We have three different rental packages. Our standard package includes a Tippmann 98 Platinum semi-automatic marker, 200 round hopper, 300 PSI air tank and safety goggles. We are also proud to say that we are the only paintball field in the country to carry the new Tippmann X7 Phenom as our upgraded rental marker. The Tippmann X7 marker is a full-automatic capable marker that has extraordinary accuracy. In order to rent any equipment, you will have to let us hold onto your ID card until all rental equipment is returned. Please keep in mind that you will need to have a current and valid government-issued ID card presented at the time of the rental pick-up.
Can I bring my own paintball equipment?
Yes. You can bring your own equipment to the park; however, it will be at the discretion of the field manager whether you can use it. All equipment must meet our safety requirements. We reserve the right to disallow certain equipment which does not meet our standards. Your equipment must meet the following criteria:
- Goggles must be designed for paintball play – free of cracks and cannot be altered in anyway.
- Paintball Markers must meet standard industry safety criteria. Maximum allowed velocity is 280 FPS. All paintball markers must have a barrel sleeve on when not in play.
Can I bring my own paintballs?
No. We are a field-paint only facility. We exclusively sell Empire premium paintballs and will eject any player found using off-field paintballs. No exceptions!
Are food and drinks available at the park?
Yes. We offer a full-service concession stand that carries an assortment of hot/cold foods and beverages. Please keep in mind that we do not allow outside food or drinks on our property.
What happens if it rains?
The games go ahead regardless, in all weather conditions – except hazardous weather. All field areas are outdoors, but we do offer two enclosed warming buildings with lockers where you can warm-up before heading out to play again.
What happens on the day of arrival?
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will get you checked-in and registered. Once completed, you will be guided to the Theatre building where you will learn all the safety rules of the game. For players who rent equipment, you will be outfitted with your rental equipment in the Rental building. After these steps, you will be ready to play on our fields. Our staff members will direct you to the next available open game where all the action begins! Throughout the day, you will play on a variety of our cutting-edge fields and will participate in an assortment of different-style games that will be sure to get your adrenaline flowing.
What activities are available for non-playing children and adults?
We also offer Laser Tag at our facility. Our park has an on-site parent’s lounge with a full Liquor bar and high-speed WI-FI so you can get some work done or sit back, relax and watch your favorite program on one of our large plasma TV’s while your children participate in the fun games outside. Right next door, we also have Santa’s Village AZoosment Park, where parents and their young children can spend the afternoon in the petting zoo, enjoying the rides or watching one of the many shows on the family stage.
We are conveniently located less than 10 minutes away from many attractions – Woodfield Mall, Spring Hill Fashion Center, Milk Pail Village Center, Grand Victoria Casino, Randall Oaks Golf Course and much more. All within a few miles of our facility at your pleasure!
- Goggles must be worn on the field of play at all times. Players who violate this rule will be asked to sit out a game, or asked to leave the park. Players in the dead zone on the field must keep their goggles on at all times, only when off the field in the staging area.
- Barrel socks must be secured around the tip of the markers barrel when not in play, with the bungee secured around the rear receiver of the marker to ensure that the protective cover will not come off. Failure to follow this rule may result in ejection from the park.
- Paintball Explosion is a Field paint only facility, you may only use the paintballs purchased from Paintball Explosion. This is so that we can ensure the safety of all players.
- All players must have their markers Chronographed under 280 feet per second. Players with markers shooting over will not be allowed to play until the marker is properly set.
- Players at no time are allowed to shoot over the protective netting, or straight up into the air, players who violate this will be immediately ejected from the park.
- Any player who shoots their marker in the safe zone will be immediately ejected from the park.
- Players are not allowed to construct bunkers, booby traps, or other misc things. If you have a question about this please consult the referees.
- Players are not allowed to climb trees.
- Players must use bunkers on the field of play for cover and for cover only, players may not climb on top of them, and or enter inside any vehicles.
- At no time is Physical contact allowed, this includes melee kills, and barrel tag or tap.
- Possession of real weapons such as knives, firearms, grenades, explosives, or any type of pyrotechnics are not allowed on premises.
- In the beginners game, no paintball marker is allowed to shoot in any firing mode except for semi, and be under 8 balls per second.
- In the advanced group, players may use any firing mode, but must be capped at 12.5 balls per second.
- There is no Blind Firing allowed, blind firing is when you are shooting you marker and not looking where you are shooting.
- 1At no time are players allowed to shoot at wildlife, players caught intentionally shooting wildlife will be immediately ejected from the park.
- In the beginners group, there is a minimum 15ft surrender rule. Players from opposing teams are not allowed to be within 15 feet of each other at any time.
- Paintballs must break on you or a piece of equipment for the elimination to be valid, if a paintball bounces and does not mark you, you are still a live player. If you are unsure if a paintball has broken on you, call a referee over and ask for a “paint check”.
- No open alcoholic containers allowed on premise, players are also not allowed consume alcoholic beverages before or during their time of play. Players suspected of being under the influence of drugs and or alcohol will be asked to leave the park.
- Referees decisions are final, if you have any issues, please take it up with the referee after the game, or see the head referee at the airfill station.